(1) Christians trace the beginning of their religion to Jesus, the founder of a small Jewish sect in Palestine in 30 CE.
(2) In 1970, there were 1,130,000,000 affiliated Christians who belonged to 1,449,600 congregations/churches of 18,630 denominations / paradenominations. Paradenominations have existed since the 19th century, operating alongside denominations, crossing boundaries and enabling joint efforts between various groups.
(3) In 2000, there were 1,888,000.000 affiliated Christians who belonged to 3,447,900 congregations/churches of 33,820 denominations / paradenominations.
(4) In 2000 there were 322 Baptist denominations alone.
Some things to ponder:
(1) How did a single exclusively Jewish sect in Palestine become 33,820 denominations / paradenominations with members from around the globe?
(2) Why do 33,820 denominations / paradenominations exist?
(3) What beliefs do the 33,820 denominations / paradenominations share?
(4) What beliefs separate the 33,820 denominations / paradenominations?
(5) Does the existence of 33,820 denominations / paradenominations strengthen or weaken Christianity?
(6) Is this the vision Jesus had for his group?
If you would like to share your ponderings, post them on this blog or email them to me (click here).
If you found this information useful, please let us know by going to The Real Yeshua Facebook page by CLICKING HERE and “Like it.”
 World Christian Trends AD 30 – AD 2200 By David B. Barrett & Todd M. Johnson, © 2001 by David B. Barrett; William Carey Library, Pasadena, CA; p. 33.
 World Christian Trends AD 30 – AD 2200; p. 33.
 World Christian Trends AD 30 – AD 2200; p. 390.