“Heaven” was a well-known euphemism, among many others, for the name “Yahweh” in the Jewish culture of Yeshua. Below are comments about what the Kingdom of Heaven meant to Yeshua:
(1) It was not only the eschatological (end times) rule of God that would come in the future.
(2) It was already on the earth now.
(3) It was a divinely willed movement that will spread among people throughout the earth.
(4) It was more than just simply a matter of God’s kingship in Israel.
(5) It was also the domain of his rule.
(6) It was an expanding realm embracing ever more and more people.
(7) It was a realm into which one may enter and find one’s inheritance.
(8) It was a realm where there are both great and small.
I hope you found this study interesting.
Your support is greatly appreciated. To make an online donation – CLICK HERE. If you consider our work valuable, but have never contributed or it has been a long time ago, how about doing it now. We depend on people like you.
Also, let everyone know you value to the Teaching of Yeshua by going to our Real Yeshua Facebook page and “LIKE IT” – CLICK HERE . Tell others about the Real Yeshua’s teachings and share them.
(Source: The Sage of Galilee: Rediscovering Jesus’ Genius by David Flusser, © 2007 William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, Grand Rapids, MI; p. 81.)